BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, June 29, 2007

Will Arrive?? Delay?? Cancel??

Still feeling very sleepy after only 3 hours of sleep for the past 24 hours, spent my night at the airport waiting for my friend's son who's supposed to arrive at 5pm yesterday.....I just wanna blog my never-ending- waiting story......


I was at C-Town hypermarket yesterday afternoon buying some fresh fish and other stuff when I got a call from Malaysia telling me the flight from kuwait which was supposed to arrive here in Amman at 5pm was postponed and due to land at 11.55pm.

Okay.... that's fine.... I planned to prepare dinner to welcome my firend's son...but after knowing about the delay, I cancelled the plan as he would be very very sleepy by the time he arrived ...past midnight and I was gonna send him straight to a student's house in Sweileh ( since no adult man was present at my house and that's the place that I've set for him to stay temporarily ,just for this summer , in autumn he'll join his other friends who are also coming to study here !)

So, at 11pm Izzat and I went to the airport by renting a friend's car .We were shocked when we found out from the arrival schedule the flight wasn't arriving at 23.55 but was delayed again and would only arrive at 03.55am.....How can this be ??? I went to the information counter and asked about the delay ( I called them earlier and they told me the flight was to arrive at 23.55 pm )... Imagine... a man working at the airport information counter didn't understand English... Luckily the owner of the car we rented( malaysian ) knows an officer from Kuwait airline and he told us the flight was delayed twice and was to arrive at 03.55am...huhhhh...felt very sleepy... We decided to just wait ..it was already 12.30am.




Izzat and I started to chat, ate some cheese snacks, some juice , some chewing gum, walked all over the airport and sat again at the bench, inside, outside,inside, outside again ....lastly I told Izzat I wanted to have a nap at the surau ...izzat said ok, go ahead ..he's not sleepy coz he had a cup of strong arab coffee earlier....

I stretched my body on the carpet in the surau and right a minute after that I felt itchy on my arm... that carpet must be quite dirty , I guess...I got up and there we were together again, walking and chatting, izzat kicking an empty bottle here and there.....then we heard the " kepum, kepum, kepum, kebam kebam, kebam ..." sounds like a few 'kompang' beats.....

Then, we saw a group or rather the whole villagers of this not so old syeikh were ready to welcome somebody at the aiport. All ready with a bagpipe man, a few drummers all in the traditional jordanian folk costumes, a lady in a very stunning, sparkling, full with embroidery abaya, she must be the syeikh's wife.... another lady with a beautiful bouquet of flowers and many other men and women ready to welcome somebody .......




We sat again and I couldn't stand anymore...my eyes were almost shut and I started to felt a bit dizzy.. It was 2.20am.... again I headed back to the surau and with my handbag as my pilliow, I had a good sleep...until ... " kepum, kepum , kepum ,kepum...." sounds from the drums were so loudly beaten and I got up...looking aoutside the surau a saw a 'festival' was underway ... It was 3.00am ...

The whole syeikh's tribe were celebrating /welcoming somebody...I thought they were welcoming a newly wed couple ....to my surprise.... the person they were waiting was a boy or rather a man who was just graduated from oversea...... That boy was coming out of the arrival hall in his graduation gear.. all set with the graduation robe and 'topi'...... he was kissed and hugged all along ...the drums were non-stop beating ..the villagers were all singing and dancing and made the whistling sound out of their tongue( the arab's trademark !! )...

I didn't bring my camera ..I only had my hp camera... I snapped a few pics but I didn't store ... I only got 1 picture but it was blur.... There were so many other people who were capturing that wonderful moment........

Oh man....... I never thought they would welcome and really celebrate their son's graduation ... at the airport and it was 3 am.... so touching....

The 'drama' was then over....

Izzat told me the delay flight detail was no longer on the screen....... it was gone...the details was just gone.... how could it be ????

I went to the information counter and talked to another man who could speak english... he told me the flight from kuwait was cancelled...reason ??? Nobodu knew..!!!......... What ???? The flight was cancelled but it didn't appear on the screen. and no one knew why??? ..
Then , the man told me the flight would only arrive here at 9am this morning.... We then got home and on our way home the officer in charge of the delay flight called me and told me the flight was cancelled due to some technical problem and then the flight was replaced with another flight but was then cancelled... There's gonna be another flight at 5pm this evening but it was fully-booked... I asked him what would happen to the boy that I was supposed to meet.. He checked the name and he, the boy was there still at the kuwait airport........

We reached home at dawn...4.30am... I prayed and had a short quick sleep...woke up at 6.30 and headed to abdali ( bundle market) coz there's something that I had to buy ...urgently needed.... at 9am I came back and still feeling very dizzy....

I called the airport before I went to abdali...just wanted to know when exactly the flight would arrive.... The man at the information counter told me " that boy may be at the airport now"...What ?? He's arrived ?? Are you sure ???? " I think so" , he answered..." Or he might be at the Alia hotel "....lastly he said... " we don't know where all the pasengers from the kuwait airlines are..." I was going nuts.... how can this be ????????

I called kuwait airlines and the airport but nobody knows....one thing for sure there's a flight arriving from kuwait at 18.30pm this evening...

The latest info that I got... my friend's son is on the waiting list of that 18.30pm flight... and the kuwait airline office at the airport will only be opened at 1pm this afternoon..... ( office in the city is closed today ..it's friday...)
Ohhh..... I'd better get some sleep before my bp goes...up up and the wayyyyyyyyyy !!!!!!!!!!!

I'd be busy, got only a little room to bloghop... darling hubby is coming back for holidays tomorrow...Before the wedding end of next month.....we'll be on vacation...where to ??... The Pyramid Sphinx Mummies Historical Country..... I 'll write an entry.. before I go for holidays.... InsyaAllah.

17 comments:

Kak Elle said...

ala kesian berkamping kat airport jadi nya....so dah sampai ke belum org yg di-nantikan tu?

NURAZZAH8 said...

takpe...hari ni penat, esok dapat jumpa cik abae sayang...terus hilang penat tu... lepas tu Jalan-jalan Mesir...wow...seronok nya...kenduri dulu ke, atau gi jalan Mesir dulu? Dah ada tukang masak...tukang sambut menantu, tukang sambut jemputan, etc...mesti you sibuk sangat bulan July ni kan... eh, nanti kenduri kat Malaysia I nak datang...tak kira u jemput ke tak jemput, I nak gi jugak...huhu...

silversarina said...

kak elle,

Taktau what is happening in kuwait ...until now no information on the flight yet.....jadi kes pelik pulak....harap tak serious..


+++++++++++++


nurazzah8,

Baru lepas terlelap dengan mimi , tak tahan dah kena tidur jugak ( I bukan kaki tido siang !)..... tengah tunggu apa jadi dengan flight dari kuwait tak sampai-sampai, dapat berita je terus kena berkejar ke airport.

Okay..... nanti kenduri datang sekeluarga tau....sebab kawan lama , kena bawak 2 hadiah, satu untuk pengantin , satu untuk mak pengantin lelaki...hehehe.

zino said...

mesti meriah majlis tu nati..

zlaa said...

Salam. Busy, bertambah busy orang nak sambut menantu ni.. Bestnya dapat pergi holiday.., nak ikut..

J.T. said...

Oh dear.. that is the worst to feel. One sits at the airport not knowing what is happening with a flight. No reliable news. I can only imagine how terrible you felt sitting around and waiting. And then not having enough sleep the next day.

Ah! but all is well knowing your darling will be home tomorrow. That is such a good feeling after being apart for so long. I am sure that anticipation makes you feel better.

Enjoy your time together. :)

Mama Sarah said...

i just hate miscommunication like that!

well, do take care and have a good rest.

k.d said...

Firstly K.Rina...tahniah atas walimah Zaid. Seronok tu nak terima menantu

2. Seronok lagi hubby ada balik cuti. Hilang rindu. Kami le merindu entry K.Rina

3. Sian dia. Pi le rehat, nak sambut hubby, nak pi holiday, nak kenduri. Sibuk tu

4. Happy holiday!

Take care

lelakhalidah said...

K rina.. so touching ler.. graduation pong diorang celebrate mcm tu?

Pheewwwwitttt..somebody is so happy... abg cayang cuti..enjoy ur vacation!

blackpurple @ jowopinter said...

Cerita yang panjang, yang 'menyentuh'.. :)

Samalah. Agak sibuk dan 'tersimpul' juga sekarang.

Sastri said...

byk kali gak ek flight dia delay... pasti stress dia...

Anonymous said...

Oh my god! What happen to d boy?

I remember a similar incidence in 1992 when I was in my 1st year in varsity. My friends and I were waiting for a Swiss trainee (under our club's exchange program) at the Kepala Batas airport. The flight arrived but he was not on it. Imagine our shock. We decided to head home and wait for news.

He only had our varsity's number, that was still Jurassic period, none of us students had handphones. A student affairs offcicer answered and luckily, 1 of the club member was at the department. So, she managed to get hold of me.

The trainee was an experienced traveler. When his flight was delayed, he sent us a text message to the Kepala Batas airport (there was such a thing in Europe). Well, what do you expect? Haha! It didn't reach us. When he arrived that night and didn't see us, he waited for a while. Convinced there was nobody left, he took a cab and check in into a hotel. The next morning, he called our university. Haha!

silversarina said...

zino,

InsyaAllah akan cuba jadikan majlis meriah ..nervous because I only have a very short period of time to prepare all things...



+++++++++++


zlaa,

Ok lagi..relax, take a deep breath... tu yang nak gi holiday sebelum jadi MIL( dah plan nak jalan tu lama dah...)

silversarina said...

j.t.,

Waiting and waiting and waiting but no info was given ..at last at 4.15 am this morning the boy turned up on the extra flight from kuwait ( 2 flites in a row )...

Now waiting for my hubby ..he called this morning his flite will also delay...should reach amman at 2.30pm but now take off from Bahrain ( where he transit) only at 4pm this evening... maybe I can call this week as..." Airport Waiting and Delay week "....


+++++++++++++


mama sarah,

Geram tau bila airlines officers sendiri taktau apa berlaku pada the flites, nak mengamuk rasa....

silversarina said...

k.d.,

1. Thank you.

2. Masih menanti ketibaan hubby yang fltenya juga delay..minggu delay...

3. Memang nak kena rehat sebelum teh Big Day.

4. Yes !! Tak sabar nak berholiday...Thanks dear :)


++++++++++++


lelakhalidah,

Memang grand betul sambutan graduationnya,kalau kat rumah tak kisah ni sampai ke epot satu bas rombongan dia bawak sambut graduannya from europe.

Yeyey abang dah balik ( tak sampai lagi ).

silversarina said...

blackpurple,

Harap yang 'menyentuh' simpan di hati...
yang 'tersimpul' dapat dileraikan.... tak nak share ke apa yang 'menyentuh' dan 'tersimpul' tu ??


++++++++++++



sastri,

Kira bali 8 kali flite dia delay...akak ingat nak perang ke di kuwait sampai duk delay je kisah nya... negara kaya , flite 'lama'.


Akak nak link your blog ekkk.

silversarina said...

hazia,

Waahhh tu kes lagi naya, ni ada jugak yang akak boleh contact cuma yang tak tahannya flite tu delay 8 kali, nak perri je flite, call kata delay samapi budak tu pun dah tak tau nak buat apa..bagitau nak fly, alih-alih ..cancel... pengalaman betul lah ... cuma nasib baik budak ni pernah tinggal di Syria masa kecik, so dia tau sikit hal urusan dengan arab ni...