BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, April 29, 2007

What to Cook..What to Serve ???

Due to the dusty cloudy sky I've been having sore throat and coughing for the past three days . I've tried honey with lemon , habbatus sauda' capsules , cough syrup and panadol but I'm still coughing .......... Hope to get better in the near future, InsyaAllah.


This morning while I was bloghopping zaid told me his arab friend, Helmi from Petra is coming to my house , the first question I asked zaid " what to serve him (food )?? "...zaid just said .."apa-apa aje." I'm more concern of what to cook for the arabs because most of them do not eat our hot and spicy food....

I continued hopping from one blog to another while couldn't stop thinking of what to serve my guest.... I came to kak elle's blog and the title of her latest entry got me thrilled with joy... musliha and SOTO...

Yeap....soto is also my family's favourite dish.... I left kak elle's blog without leaving any comment or even a thank you note coz I couldn't waste any single minute to rush to the kitchen and started cooking....


While defrosting 2 medium trays of chicken ( 1 whole chicken ), I suddenly changed my mind....... why not having nasi ayam for lunch....I 'd still have chicken soup.... it's the easiest to prepare.....and it's been ages I last cooked it...So, instead of kak elle's SOTO , I cooked nasi ayam using basmati rice......





Thank you kak elle for giving me the idea of what to cook....thank you again.....

Helmi came and had my chicken rice for lunch and he gave his compliment by saying I had cooked and served the food beautifully.....( that's what he told zaid in arabic....)

He'll be sleeping at my place tonight and will catch the early morning bus to get back to Mu'tah tomorrow morning.Alhamdulillah he's a very nice gentleman and still studying at Mu'tah University and I'm so glad to know that he's not a smoker...(it's hard to find a non-smoking arab ).


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++



Before my hubby got back to work, we had a few Jalan-jalan Cari Makan and these were some of the food that we tried at different food outlets and restaurants.........




fried bananas coated with sugar and chocolate topping bought at chinese sizzling restaurant....




chocolate mousse cake tried at Sultan Snack restaurant

The Lubnani cocktail juice also at Sultan Snack .....





falafil..one of the jordanian (asalnya from egypt ) must eat kuih....it's made of mashed kacang kuda

So long....... see you next time............

20 comments:

Kak Elle said...

wah the nasi ayam look yummy...hehe dari soto ke nasi ayam not bad idea.
pandai si Helmi makan nasi ayam tu...betul tu can't stand smokers...

maklang said...

I like your table cloth..cantek...

And the nasi ayam is everyone feberet in this house...

Umi Hazim said...

hope u'll get well soon kak. nasi ayam looks so tempting. sedapnye kak...x dek org nk msk kat saya.

Faizah said...

alamak..sedapnye tengok lubnani cocktail juice tu..rajinnya akak masak macam2..seronokkan kalau ramai2 makan bersama..:)

silversarina said...

kak elle.....I tukar soto ke nasi ayam kerana last minute tau dia nak datang... nasi ayam lebih mudah dari soto....nasi ayam and soup tak pedas, dia makan nasi habis sepinggan dan semangkok sup....


+++++++++++++++


maklang... that table cloth I bought di Aleppo Syria, ethnic design...beli satu je sebab design lain nampak tak cantik dan cadang nak beli kat Damascus...tak jumpa pulak kat sana... nanti kalau I jumpa I memang nak beli lagi (boleh I simpankan untuk maklang and kak elle yang bagi I banyak barang tu....heheheh.)


+++++++++++++


mmj........ sianlah tapi tak pe , kat restoran ramai tukang masak yang boleh 'tolong' masakkan :P


+++++++++++++


faizabellle........ lubnani cocktail tu memang penuh fruits tapi tak semua orang gemarkan rasanya termasuk akak sebab dia blend pelbagai jenis fruits....

masak kalau ada orang makan memang satu motivasi untuk terus memasak... :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, sedap and simple. Good idea nak entertain guest ni. Have a nice time..

Unknown said...

lubnani cocktail juice tu looks yummylah..

nasi ayam mmg mudah dimasak dan enak pula dimasak. yus pun kalau ada tetamu dtg n dah tak tahu nak sedia apa, nasi ayamlah jawabnya..hehe

Unknown said...

errk..ada typing error pulak, yg kat atas tu nak taip enak dimakan sebenarnya..:D

Anonymous said...

td i just browsed around n suddenly found falafel recipe!!da lame sye carik!!hehe..nmpk cm sng pkai kcg kude jek..nti nk try wat!hehe..tmbh lg 1 la skill..sye bru tau wat maklubah jek!hehe

hehe tau2 alas meje tuh ade kt aleppo jek!sye pon bli 1 jek dlu..skali bile blk dimasyq xde jual rupenye...nyesal2 xbli byk2..hoho..

KAMATO said...

Satu pilihan menu yg tepat untuk entertain tetamu, simple tapi sedap

Intan said...

just a thought... maybe during those sandy weather u should wear those face covers to reduce the chances of getting sand in ur throat.

i was just thinking of making nasi ayam or curry ayam for this evening... sometimes pening with choices.

silversarina said...

zlaa........ simple dan cepat je siap nasi ayam ni kan, anak-anak I pulak memang suka sup.....


++++++++++++


yus......... nasi ayam memang enak dimakan dan jugak dimasak(enak sebab tak banyak karenah ).....

Tapi kalau pelajar malaysia datang kena buat menu lain sebab budak2 pelajar ni diaorang selalu buat nasi ayam sebab senang..memang kena masak yang 'fancy' sikit untuk diaorang :)


++++++++++++++


asma' ..... eh nak cari jugaklah resipi falafil ni..ceh terror ye masak maklubah....minggu ni ingat nak pergi Irbid ..boleh makan maklubah ??? tapi makcik nak pergi tengok piala duta tournament and you mesti terlibat sama...lain kali je lah you masak ekkk :P

table cloth tu nanti nak pg aleppo nak beli banyakkkkkkkkkk..kalau you nak kirim boleh , harga 3x ganda ..hahahhaha ,amacam ??


++++++++++++


kamato...... senangkan tapi kalau you datang I masak ( beli ) kepala kambing, mesti you tak nak balik malaysia dah bila dah rasa 'lazat' nya kepala kambing jordan....


++++++++++++


intan...... I tak keluar mana pun tapi memang perit betul tekak, katanya musim angin berpasir datang dari Egypt.....

kari ayam sekali sekala memang best.....yummy :)

NJ@Goboklama said...

the foods over there looooksss...sweet?

J.T. said...

I love your background songs. So nostalgic for me. :)
The chicken rice you prepared looks so good. I am so far away from Malaysia and some days I crave for local taste. I can cook a bit lah but nothing like eating what other people cook. hehehe
Now I have an idea what to cook today. :) Thanks

silversarina said...

goboklama...... memang kebanyakannya manis dan sedikit spicy.....


++++++++++++


j.t. .....I love the song too..evergreen :)

Being away from home sometimes we long for homemade mama's food. I miss ABC and satay kajang so much.

J.T. said...

Aiyoo LUJ, I miss my mum's Melaka Portuguese food. Now, that you mentioned satay... I am thinking of that special satay stall run by a Kak Ros down the street from my house in Klang. That is the first thing I look for the first day I land in Malaysia. Then as the days pass by, I look for pisang goreng, pulut-pulut, chicken rice, mee bandung. On my last trip, I started thinking of Kelantan food. Probably nostalgic about the taste of my childhood. Found it at KLCC then went to try Sundanese food also. sigh.. hungry now.

J.T. said...

aiyoo... grammar error. Meant to say "That is the first thing I look for on the day I land in Malaysia."

silversarina said...

j.t. ..... oo you are a serani.. when I was in std 3&4 in PD, I used to have many serani friends in my class...marsha, cyntia, elaine (I never forget those names) , they were my close friends but I lost contact when I moved to Sabah.... They always told me how joyful they were to spend thie Christmas at the Portuguese village in Malacca.

Nasi dagang kelate..yummy :)

Obat Anti Rokok said...

hidup sehat tanpa rokok! josss

Obat Anti Rokok said...

hidup sehat tanpa rokok! josss