BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Seafood yumm yumm....

Last night my kids and I had our special dinner at Bluebay Seafood Restaurant at Madinah Street. I called it a special dinner not because it's on my bday but for the savoury, tasty, delicious,luxurious seafood served there. We had fried prawns and grilled fish with sauce and also seafood soup with sky juice for JDxx or RMxxx(rahsia, nanti darling I tau I dengan anak-anak makan mewah heheh , dia pun malam tadi kata makan lobster....kira seri lah ) .

Seafood is considered a luxury since it's difficult to get and all seafood is imported mainly from Egypt and Yemen. Most Jordanians do not eat seafood other than fish..like crabs, shrimps, squids,lobster, clams, oysters since according to some of them it is makruh and some even say haram(not sure if there's any mazhab says it's haram !!). So most of them only eat beef, mutton and chicken as daily consumptions. Once I bought some crabs from safeway hypermarket and when it's time to pay, the cashier looked at me some kind of weird and asked me whether I eat that stuff, I nodded ....hey I bought it very expensive( 1kg Rm70 ) of course I eat it. Seafood here is very expensive. No fish is less than JD4 ( RM20) and during summer the price is tripled...very small fish could mark up to JD10 per kg...... Prawns normally cost JD20 - JD 30 per kg( RM100 - RM150), Squids/calamari is around JD7 per kg (RM35). Chicken costs less than 2JD per kg. Beef and mutton JD4-5 per kg.This week at safeway I was shocked to know that all fish no matter waht kind/size cost only Jd3 per kg. I asked why it's so cheap, thay said it's from Yemen. I bought quite a lot of fish since it's so cheap and when I got back I told my daughter sumayyah in korea about the cheap fish from yemen and we just wonder... was there any tsunami/flood in yemen that made the fish so cheap...couldn't figure it out........bila mahal mengeluh, bila murah risau pulak.....

The best place to enjoy seafood is in Aqabah which is 350km south of Amman....even there seafood is still expensive but you have a lot of choices.

Next time when we are back in Malaysia, for sure we'll say YES to all seafood and NO to chicken and meat.....sampai jemu......I miss that Phuket restaurant at tanjung lumpur, Kuantan...eeemmm.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aisey. Makcik ina. Tak boleh ke tukar colour font atau colour background? Colour hijau & ungu memang tak masuk. Penat I membeliakkan mata utk baca. Hihihi. Sorry kalau I byk songeh..

Lollies said...

ahah. jumpa pun dia

kat qatar sea food banyak gak. but they say udang and ketam yang dulu amatlah murahnya dah jadi mahal sikit. sebabnya ramai asians datang makan benda-benda tu. cis!

Anonymous said...

waa
at las da ade tmpt comment
dlu search2 terjumpe dis blog
saje bace sbb dpt tau byk tempat besh kt amman..hehe
xdela g amman g mecca mall jeks..

-asma
JUST student
irbid

~ GAB ~ said...

It has been ages I wanted to leave comments in your blog. Good, now it is enabled.

I for one love seafood just as much. Only to slow down a bit when I was told by a doctor, the uric acid level in my body is not pretty. A little bit cross the border, I'd be having problems like gout or something. May be one of the reasons scientifically some mazhab ruled as makruh or haram is due to this, with exception to fish.

We have plenty of good places in our country. Come back here and eat all you want. It's reasonably priced too.

leeds said...

e eh dah leh komen :)

dah selalu bc blog ni :)

silversarina said...

jhaz,

Nah..makcik dah tukar template lain...pelik you nampak warna lain...anyhow tq 4 ur songeh :P



lollies dear,

tulah bila ramai yang makan naik harga, di sini yang tak ramai makan pun harga tinggi...

I dah lama teringin nak ziarah qatar....nampak cantik and moden .



anakanda asma,

ingat tak de orang jordan baca my blog....kalau datang amman jemputlah ke rumah....:)

you medic student tahun berapa?



dear gab,

Dulu I tak komen blog orang so I tak buka my blog for comments...I really like ur blog tu yang I start komen....TQ.

Bila balik nanti (tak tau bila ??) memang nak JJCM seafood je....



leeds darling,

I pun selalu baca your blog.... jangan lupa hantar ecard kahwin boleh I bagi present from here...

Anonymous said...

LUJ, I love those heart confetties.

Bab makan I tak pandai. Bagi i, burger mcdonald pun sedap jadi tak boleh jadi food critic ;p

Kalau makan kerang tu, 2 out 5 times i will get food poisoning, jadi yang tu dah give up. Why take the risk?

Tapi, makanan di M'sia memanglah masih murah kalau dibandingkan dgn tempat lain. Entahlah sampai bila.

silversarina said...

intan,

those hearts sepatutnya warna lain, kuar warna lain pulak...

I pun harap biar harga makanan di malaysia maintain murah....kat sini makanan asasi arab teramat murah...roti and humus ,beli seposen pun dah kenyang..

Anonymous said...

hehe da lame gak bce ur blog
dlu knal aunty sbb g JJ ngn sye last yr...
sye bru 2nd yr skg
ur house area mne kt amman tuh?

silversarina said...

asma dear,

Oh ye ke..tak perasan sebab ramai sangat masa JJ tu. Rumah makcik kawasan Abu Nuseir tak jauh dari U of Jordan. Gang Kak Put selalu datang...free datanglah..