BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, February 03, 2007

For the sake of A BAG....

Three days ago, Royal Jordanian Air Kargo dept called me to go and fetch my bag which I sent thru ABDA agency at KLIA last week.I had excess baggage which Etihad wanted me to pay more than RM1300(almost same as my return trip air ticket !! )which I refused to pay. I chose ABDA air kargo instead(paid only Rm300 , saved RM 1000) to send my bag back here in amman. Since jordan has no house mailing address because they don't have postmen , ABDA could only send my bag to the kargo terminal at the airport.


The RJ officer who called me briefly told me how to get to the air kargo terminal . I went there the next day by renting a car because i could feel it's gonna be quite a difficult procedure ahead at the terminal. Zaid was not around so I asked brother sharul to come with us to the airport ( need a person who speaks arabic !! )Off we went at 9.30am and when we reached the security check point, we were told that the air kargo was at terminal 2. When we were at terminal 2, the person incharged told us that the air kargo was at a different location, it's about 4 km from the airport. Oh boy, it is somewhere in the middle of the desert and had to go thru a very strict security check up, had to leave my ID. Only sharul and I (since the bag is under my name ) could enter the area, but without transport cos ours is a rented car.Luckily a man in a mercedes who works in the terminal invited us to come with him . We couldn't walk because the air kargo terminal is like 3km ahead(tak nampak pun lagi bangunannya daripada balai pengawal ).

We had to go thru another check point before seeing a huge warehouse and an office building. The man then asked us to go to the first floor and I was surprised to see many people up there, it looked so busy with small path in between offices, ( macam balai berita pun ada ). But, it wasn't the right place. The man then told us to go to the ground floor and it was then an arab uncle offered to help us ... I couldn't remember how many offices and counters we'd gone thru but more than 13 places with 3 times going down the same staircases and back and forth the stuffy/smokey/filed loaded offices and I WAS THE ONLY LADY around the building.

The offices look like JPJ counters in the 70s/80s .At one counter the staff just threw the file to the customer after the transaction done. so rude !!!I told sharul the officer at ABDA had reminded me twice to have a man's name to fetch the bag but I told him that my son zaid wouldn't be around and I wasn't sure when the bag would arrive(takut nanti my hubby pun dah balik abu dhabi baru beg sampai!! ) Now I know why he wanted me to have a man's name on my bag.

When we finally got our bag at the air kargo warehouse(memang kena pergi sampai gudang tu sendiri..) they checked my bag which was only full of dried food, they only 'touched' a bit and closed it back. It wasn't finished yet, still a few more offices and counters to before the clearance is done. One thing for sure no bribery at all, all I had to pay was the 'longgggg processing' fees JD6 .At the warehouse I could see all boxes and packages were thoroughly opened and checked, each and every single shirt was marked(maybe for business merchandise). They really did their job.

Finally after 2 hours in the air kargo area I got my bag passed the last security check and I could breathe the fresh/cool/cold air again.THen the uncle asked for his service charge. He wanted JD10 but sharul said something and he then asked for only JD 5 ( worth it, kalau nak urus sendiri memang I tinggalkan aje beg tu kat situ ) One more problem...how to get to the first check point to get to our car...that uncle helped us again and there's a truck driver who was on his way out agreed to let us join his truck. I hopped onto the truck and had to sit next to the driver and sharul(terpaksa nak buat camne ! )

We reached the security checkpoint at 12.23pm and alhamdulillah I got my bag and had a very 'interesting/challenging' experience...IT'S ALL FOR THE SAKE OF A BAG.


Next time kalau nak hantar barang satu kontena baru I guna ABDA heheheh..........

**************************************************************************************

Tomorrow we are going on a JELAJAH SYRIA trip for 5 days. Till then have a nice weekend ahead.......

0 comments: