BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 21, 2007

When A HUG MEANS EVERYTHING TO ME............

Ramai orang tertanya-tanya bagaimana I tabah hidup tanpa suami di sisi, bukannya janda bukannya ibu tunggal tetapi isteri yang terpaksa ditinggalkan demi mencari rezeki di bumi asing yang tidak mungkin dapat tinggal bersama ( my darling works with an oil company on an island in uae and the island is accessible only to the employees who can only fly in and out of the island on designated dates … )

I am totally a liar if I say I’m always running my daily life smooth as silk because I’m a super mom and wife….. I’m still trying to cope with my family so as to ‘make’ it happy and always fill with joy … Having a darling who involves in this ‘oily’ and ‘gassy’ business is not an easy life…It’s been sometime now that I’ve been away from my darling might it be abroad or homeland….

Alhamdulillah , I’m very much blessed with a peaceful and wonderful life so far.. my kids are okay and me, well sometimes I do feel lonely not having my darling around, but most of the time I’m fine.

I’m not gonna write on how strong I am living apart …I just cannot forget 2 major incidents that I wish my darling was there ………

End of 2004….school holidays….my hubby was attached to a gas company southern part of Vietnam….

Incident 1.

That night on my way back home after sending Sumayyah for her tuition class and on that particular night our surau had a BBQ night, so Izzat didn’t come with me to the tuition centre ( usually I brought izzat as my co-pilot since I couldn’t really drive at night ) I was only with mimi.

When I came to a junction not far from the tuition centre, I looked to the left. Then to the right and to the left again ( I’m a mommy driver with a toddler in my car …extra careful ) , I then turned right……

BANGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG......

In a split seconds I saw somekind of a coconut banged on my front shield screen..it’s not a coconut, it’s a man’s head and the head ‘cracked’ my car… He was on his motorbike with no lights and no helmet and it was a kampong street ( kemaman is a kampong )…

People started to gather to see what’s going on..I got out of my car and I said…

.” Saya tak nampak, dia tak de lampu, maaf , saya memang tak nampak langsung… “ I tried to justify myself….

I saw the man was lying on the road with pool of blood all over his body….then I heard this man said to me….

“ Tak pe , akak balik dulu, nanti buat polis report….kami bawak dia ke hospital …”

I was actually so scared to still be standing there because there was an accident happened before in the same kampong where my friend (makcik like me ) knocked down a boy….she was punched on her face right there and then….I didn’t know who was the man telling me to just go away from the scene,.. I headed backhome and went straight to the surau where all the AJK were busy with the BBQ… they saw me coming with my front car light / mirror broken and smacked a little….

I was shivering and was so scared …only Allah knew how fast my heart beat that night told them what happened…. Alhamdulillah they were very much helpful and they settled the case with the police and even went to the hospital to see what happened to the man…he was in a coma….later that night all the pakciks surau asked me not to go out for a while nd they would help me with whatever condition it might be later….

I was in a state of being a ‘bingong’ mind for three days…I kept seeing the head smashed in front of my eyes, I kept on ‘listening’ to people coming to my house looking for the murderer, I was totally insane at that time…..luckily the man did not die…he was conciouss the next day and his family brought him back to his kampong(he wasn’t from kemaman )…he didn’t lodge a police report ( the police went to the scene right after I lodge the report, but it was clear, no blood, no motorbike on the road )smebody told me the motorbike had no roadtax and the rider had no license…basically case closed….

I was still scared, I didn’t park my car in my porch …afraid that the villagers came to smack me down….I was terribly scared for three days… I called my hubby and asked him to come back…

“ Abang, baliklah bang, I takut sangat, I tak boleh apa-apa, I memang benar-benar takut, please abang , baliklah… “ that’s how desperate I was begging him to come back…

“ Mana boleh balik, ni betul-betul tngah shut-down …..takpe abang dah mintak AJK surau bantu you, don’t worry, “… my hubby pengerusi surau dekat kawasan rumah kami…he just couldn’t come back..just couldn’t.

Only Allah knew how much I wished my darling was there …I was really in need of the biggest comfort ever…


A HUG…yes..A HUG from my lover to comfort me ( I’m sobbing while writing this !! )

I didn’t want any other than that….. I couldn’t control myself Icried and cried and I didn’t do anything for three days…( sumayah and izat took care of everything inside the house, they looked so sad seeing my sorrow condition )…

I prayed to GOD to please give back my strength, my determination, my cheerfulness…My friends came to comfort me and a few even brought ‘air penawar’ away from Kerteh just to rebuild my ‘spirit’…

Out of no where…on the fourth day…after I performed my subh prayer…I was all brave again… I got this in mind…

“ Why must I be afraid of them ( the orang kampong ).. because they are the ones who should be blamed. He rode his bike with no license, no lights, no road-tax… I am the one who should ask them to pay for the damage they had done to my car ( cost me RM3000) “….

Then the strength came little by little… by the following week I was back on the road but still couldn’t take ‘that’ road… not until more than a month I was totally out of of my night mare…..

Incident 2…. To be continued….

So, I hope no more compliment after this….. I’m an ordinary woman with an ordinary strength…

Oh boy…… Then only I knew how much A HUGGGGGGGGGGGG meant to me….


23 comments:

Apandi said...

Hmmmm, pity my wife as I have to leave her often too. This entry made me see the other side of the story.

Tapi kan, nasib baik kita orang tinggalkan sebab kerja, kalau jeng jeng jeng.... he he he. Sorry, just playing with your psyche for a bit.

silversarina said...

apandi,

sometimes memang rasa tak nak lepaskan hubby pergi kerja..well , that's life !!

My hubby nak jeng jeng jeng kat mana....atas pulau..all men around.... lucky me..safe :P

NURAZZAH8 said...

Ina, I really understand ur feeling for I had been in ur shoes since I got married. I mcm u kahwin kat US tapi universiti lain-lain, 2 hours drive. So, lepas kahwin jumpa weekends saja... balik M'sia pun dia selalu dpt kerja projek jauh2, so..weekend husband jugak kat msia...adalah 2-3 tahun bila dpt projek kat KL baru duk sama.
Sedar tak sedar dah 21 tahun kami kahwin! tapi kalau nak kira duk sama... ntah berapa tahun aja..sob sob sob.
Air mata yg tumpah dah tak terkira byknya...esp bila malam paling sayu tgk bantal sebelah kita kosong aje..peluk bantal ajelah nampaknya..
tapi paling sedih bila time kita mengandung takde husband sama2 rasa susah-senang mengandung...air-mata selalu tumpah, tapi selalu kuatkan semangat tak mahu effect anak dlm kandungan kalau selalu sgt nangis... Pernah masa I nak beranak anak ke-7, masa tu hubby kerja kat Paka, Tganu, elok-elok dia sampai 15 minit lepas tu I pun beranak...
tapi paling I tak boleh lupa masa beranak anak ke-3, masa tu baru balik dr US,tahun 1990, teknologi pun masa tu mana ada handphone2 ni, hubby pulak projek dia kat pendalaman hutan kat pahang sana... dah lah nak tel susah, akhirnya I beranak sorang2, masa tu yg hntar pun rakan2 sepejabat! I sakit masa kat office... Dia org tlg hantar hospital.. pastuh lepas beranak pun tunggu dia tak sampai2..duduk lah I kat hospital sehari suntuk takde sesape dtg tgk I.. sampai nurse tanya "Suami awak tak datang ke?"..Apalagi..terus meleleh airmata..huhu..tak tau nak cerita betapa sedihnya I..
byk lagi saat-saat sedih yg mmg masa tu kita sgt memerlukan belaian dan comfort seorang yang bernama "SUAMI". kalau nak cerita I kena buat entry baru kat blog I mcm Ina...
P/S: Now I'm enjoying myself selagi dia belum kerja lagi after balik dari Paki(Really prays dia dpt kerja kat msia..), really make it to the fullest!! Macam bulan madu pulak...hehehe..

silversarina said...

nurazzah8,

memang nak bandingkan dengan your family life, syukur I masih ada jugak masa yang bersama saban hari.... it's just that bila kita memerlukan dia pulak memang tak boleh hadir....masa tu frustrated sangat....

I bersyukur 5 anak i lahirkan semuanya my hubby ada sebelah I , yang normal yang operate semuanya di masuk dalam bilik tu....

I hope your hubby dapat permanent job backhome, maybe it's about time you stay together as a family...InsyaAllah.

keep on honeymooning :P

Kak Elle said...

I need a hug too rina:)

its true it will be different without a man in the house but nowadays its the woman folk yg pakai pants skg serba serbi we do things ourselves.

alamak ada continuation pulak cerita ni....cepat cepat....tak sabau nak baca....hehe

Umi Hazim said...

salam...

i don't know y i cried when i read yr entry. may be ppl like me(no hubby yet) there r times when u need yr parents(especially father) to be by yr side but u cant hv tht. sedihh..sgt.

J.T. said...

Sarinah,
That was a truly harrowing experience. My goodness, I would have been in the same predicament as you were - panicky and in need of the husband's comfort.
Your strength came back through prayers. Prayers always work. It may not be immediate, though. God works in His own time.

Anonymous said...

I've gone thru masa-masa macam ni. Masa tu kat Dungun dan hubby kat Melaka. Baru pindah pulak tu and ada neighbours yang tak friendly lansung thinking I am a single mother. (Husband balik Jumaat tgh mlm then Ahad mlm baru balik Melaka, so neighbours hardly saw my husband.) Oh...begitu sekali pandangan org pada single mother ni. Then my husband cuti panjang, baru dia orang nampak dia. Ha..baru-lah friendly sikit. Lega gamaknya... Tapi, memang perit husband tak ada di sisi. Sabar-lah. The time of retiring will come soon. Ha..masa tu pagi petang berkepit-lah..Jgn ada orang jealous sudah-lah..Hi..hi..

Mimiamilia said...

Sis,
oh..i pon leh rasa kesedihannya bila baca entri ni.

Orang kata..sayang isteri di tingal-tinggalkan.So bila dah jumpa balik mesti best kan..
;)

silversarina said...

kak elle,

HUGGSSSS :)

Bila hubby ada di sisi rasa 'berani' lebih ...mungkin memang sifat lelaki dijadiaan Allah sebagai pelindung kaum wanita..fitrah semulajadi, itu yang I rasakan .


+++++++++++


mmj,
betul tu apa yang you katakan dan rasakan, when we are in sorrow kena ada somebody yang kita nantikan kehadirannya untuk menenangkan hati..

take care !!


++++++++++++++


j.t. ,

Sometimes we take for granted time we are together... when we're facing with so much pain, then only we realize man alone can't change anything, it has to come from The AlMighty GOD.

Well, a husband is the no1 super duper companion at all time :)


++++++++++++


zlaa,

Allah sentiasa menguji hambaNYA, masa suami tak delah macam-macam perkara berlaku, nak tengok kekuatan semangat dan keimanan kita semua....

Doalah agar kami dapat tinggal dibawah satu bumbung tak lama lagi, AMIN.


++++++++++++


mimi amilia,

terimakasih atas atas kata-kata semangat...

bila dah jumpa, kadangkala rasa tak nak berpisah dah, tapi apa boleh buat....

J.T. said...

You are right Sarinah. The husband is always the no. 1 companion. I don't know how you take it when yours is away so much. When mine had to go away for three weeks sometime back, I like want to 'mampus' missing him. First week ok la, like 'merdeka'. Second week, getting a little lonely. Third week, 'please honey, come back soon'. haha I take for granted sometimes the companionships he provides. Nevertheless, love him to bits. :)

Anonymous said...

really admire u..my mom...& all mothers out there yg tabah n alwiz be strong eventho kne ditinggalkan....
i know u sacrifice a lot..(have already seen my mom kne lalui cmnih jugak..)i alwiz pray 4 her n u will stay strong n may allah granted all of u wif bless n happiness...

p/s:(huhu xnk suami keje jauh2 boley?)=P

Faizah said...

Kak Sarinah..
I know yr condition and yr feelings when yr hubby is not there by yourside when you need him..

Same with me when we're apart for almost 1 yr and a half..I'm so lonely n really missed him too...He was in FR while my kids and I were in Malaysia..

Be strong akak..InsyaAllah..things will be fine..

Anonymous said...

OMG. I'm all out of love, I'm so lost without you, I know you were right, believing for so long.. really love this song.. :)

Intan said...

after 25 years of marriage, i am so dependant on my husband that it's really shameful... but he tells me that he depends on me for his emotional well-being. so i think that's a very good thing!

silversarina said...

j.t. ,

It's funny when you said the first week...merdeka..that's how I felt a long time ago when my hubby started to be away .....

Luckily with the cyberworld , we are on top of the world, we could send wishes and kisses all day longggggg :)


+++++++++++++


asma' dear,


you want my tips??

coz you're going to be a doctor....
get married to a doctor ,
then work at the same hospital in the same department, in the same shift, get backhome at the same time in the same car andddd lying down flat tired half dead after 36 hours of 'treating,screwing,cutting, sewing, knitting' done in the OT....
Hey look.......
your lover is always smiling beside you :) :) :P

p/s: jangan marah just a joke.. kalau betul pun ok jugak lah.

silversarina said...

faizabelle79,

ramai gang 'sayangkan isteri tinggal-tinggalkan '....memang kena tabah betul.... if everything's ok, tak kisah pun sangat kalau berjauhan, yang sulit tu bila ada problem ..


+++++++++++++++


jhaz dear,


sedapkan lagu ni, my favourite masa form 4 berzaman dulu.....

laa you pun kena berjauhan jugak ke ??
takpe tak lari gunung dikejar (sebab gunung tak de kaki),
balik malaysia boleh cari cinta yang hilang tu , sorry gurau je ye doc *wink*.


+++++++++++


intan,

ooo you macam tu pulak...I ni jenis memang independent, tapi bila ada hal yang 'mengdownkan ', kena jugak cari ubatnya... my darling :)

bila dah biasa ditinggalkan memang kena independent....bab tu dah terbiasa sejak lama dulu.

simah said...

*hugs*... being apart from the one u love is never easy..no matter how strong u can be...i had a glimpse of that when halil was in the military service... but urs..lagi la...

at times,writing such an incident in life on paper n blog helps....

i remember my *that ıne night i wish to forget* incident ...after writing it in my blog.. i managed to somehow put it away as another chapter in my life... not forgotten but at least away from u...i hope this will do the same to u as well

silversarina said...

simah,

you're absolutely right, no matter how strong you wanna be, you just can't hold on when you're in 'pain'.... this unforgetable scene was surealy a very big lesson in my diary....

take care !!

Anonymous said...

That was quite something, Kak Rina. Must have taken a lot of strength to get behind d wheels again.

And I do agree with Simah on 'writing and putting it away from u', rather than forgetting it:)

Oh, I've just noticed that we shared d same Chinese horoscope, hehe...

silversarina said...

hazia,

Takut tak terkata masa nak drive semula, repair kereta cepat-cepat supaya tak de sapa tau yang akak ada accident...

same chinese horoscope.... ha ni boleh buat club ni...

Anonymous said...

Hehe...sorang lagi yg sama Chinese horoscope is Joe Perantau (http://joeperantau.blogspot.com/). Dia dgn I Western horoscope pun sama, we were born in d same year & same month, haha...

silversarina said...

hazia,

oh that joe, i read his blog daily cuma tak bubuh link..kelakar that guy, sian pun ada...oh gang kita jugak ye.... tabah, maintain macho...hehehe.