BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

HELPFUL HANDS LIGHT UP MY DAYSSSS...

Gosh…what a nice day…I’ve done all the hunky-punky household stuff….vecuuminig the carpet, cooking for lunch for the 2 kids who had to leave the house early in the morning as their daily routines….5x a week…. Washing clothes??? Nope…not the days yet….Mondays and Thurdays only ( remember ??Water comes twice a week ! )… All had been done early in the morning… Any particular reason ???.....

It’s the girls’ outing today…. in the middle of the week?? Yeap… my girls Putri and Sheila are free today…Sheila has no class ( she’s doing her MA at U of Jordan ) and Putri has her English course in the evening… I have planned to have a lunch date with them for quite sometime but only yesterday that I managed to set the day..so today is D-day… nothing much actually…planned to window shopping at Mecca Mall and then have Chinese food for lunch..Sheila is going home for summer holidays early June and if I happen to go back home for good, this outing will be our last event to be together…InsyaAllah.


******************************************



In my previous entry I wrote how I was so much in need of a HUGGGsss from my lover when I got into trouble….. I’ll tell you another incident where I was also very much in need of my hubby to be with me and the family but it’s a bit different…I didn’t need a HUG but ……..

A few years back…monsoon season in the east coast…my hubby was away somewhere in the south east asia region…..

One fine day turned out to be the day that started all the messy part of our neighbourhood and our life (me and my kids; sumayah, izat and mimi..nilah yang selalu ada, zaid and safiyyah were already abroad ) …

That evening, I saw a few boys coming into our neighbourhood on their motorbikes and then I heard the sound of the bikes were somewhat different…it’s like they were waving thru somekind of water splashing… I just ignored it…then my phone rang… my friend called me and asked me…

“ Raja “, opss… now you know my first name..yesss..I’m Raja Sarinah….

“ Eh rumah you dah banjir je ?? “, she asked in a very anxious note .

“ Ha, banjir ?? Tak delah, tak tau lah pulak…., kejap I tengok , “ I replied…

In my calculation my house would the first to be hit by flood because mine is the nearest to the main road and a very big drain that leads to a river no so far away….

Then when I looked outside…remember that I heard the motorbikes were like splashing water … the road was already flooded….many people had gone to play and had some fun with the water…( i I duduk dalam rumah tak sedar apa-apa , pelik )
“ Eh, betullah you, dah banjir lah, hai kena siap rumah lah macam ni“ I went to the phone back telling my friend about it.

“Okay you..if you need any help just let me know..”, she offered her assistance and hang up.

I didn’t expect it would be flooded since there’s no rain for the past three days… that was the third time that our place got flooded in the monsoon season since we bought the house several years ago…the flood was caused by the ‘extra’ construction of some terrace houses by a developer….

We ( sumayyah, izat and I ) began to clear the house to minimize any damage if it’s to happen… The surau AJK came to help us…they removed our cars to the safer place, they even offered to help around the house but I declined their help since I was still able to do it myself…. Only after I was sure everything was okay …we brought our document case and off we went to stay at my friend’s house in Kerteh ( I chose the one in Kerteh since they are my friends since years ago and they have a very big house and I chose to live in a room which was ‘way’ to far from the living room so as not to disturb the hubby and kids… My hubby was also in the very much favour of the house I picked .. thanks to so many generous people who offered me lodging and shelter )..The last time we had flood, we stayed at the hotel ,but this time with mimi and Izat…I’d better live with somebody since we had to deal with a lot of things later….

The next day….. I wanted to see and check my house… Sumayyah and I ( I left izat and mimi ) headed back to kemaman and the housing area was still ‘floating’… I didn’t thighs )… there’re a few boats out there…..we had to walk for almost a km to get to our house….it’s very tiring walking in the flood…. It’s very painful on my thighs…

At last, we reached our house…. I saw quite a lot our stuff behing our house were ‘swimming’ around the house ..the fence as the border….if not …way to go my benda-benda tu …

Need to get inside the house…the water outside was up to just a little bit above my knees… We peeped thru the curtains which were pulled up the night before ( that’s what we were advised to do… leave the house with the curtains tied and pulled up so that you could see what’s inside the house…) there were cases where robbers came and stole away all the stuff inside and left the house empty during flood with curtains shut)….

I saw the water inside was somewhat below my knee…. We had to wait for the water to subside coz that’s the time we had to really sweep the water and the mud before it got stucked on the floor and walls….

We opened the door by sumayyah’s taekwando kick ( Nampak ladylike tapi boleh tahan jugak her kick) since the door was stucked ) …The house was a mess…


Then… the water started to subside…. With all our strength we swept the muddy water and had to borrow a waterpump to suck all water out…

While I was busy pumping the water, suddenly I heard sumayyah screamed …

“ AAAAAAAAAAAAAA, MAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!, “ and she was jumping like crazy….

I was panicked….

“ULARRRRRRRRRR, “ she shouted so loudly….

“ MANAAAAAAAAAAAA ??? I shouted even louder …ular is my no 1 fear ( j.t. ..now you know mine…tell me urs okay !! )

Snakes is our no 1 enemy… what to do ??????

They were actually the baby snakes but for me snakes are snakes.. I’m terribly SCARED…

To my surprise, I was as brave as a pro-snakes –killer…sumayyah was the pro too …I killed 5 baby snakes and sumayyah killed two…how we did it ???? We used a cement bricks and crashed the snakes with it, but we had to scoop the snakes with izzat’s fishing net since the snakes were swimming like crazy in the water…. We were …auuuwwww, eeeiiiiiiiiii, yeakkkkkkk, gelinyaaaaaaaaa, mamaaaaaaaaaaaaa, mayaaaaaaaaaaa… until all the snakes were dead…

That day would surely be in my own guiness world of record…Raja Sarinah killed 5 baby-snakes in 10 minutes….

Looking at all the mess inside and outside the house, I was so exhausted and felt like going somewhere and let go the messy house… I called my darling…

“ Bang, I baru jadi pembunuh ular…eeiiiii gelinyaaaaaaaa, bang you tak boleh balik ke, I tak larat nak kemas…teruk sangat…tolonglah baik, kemas rumah… “ I begged him to come back but this time I wasn’t in need of a HUG… I needed…

TWO EXTRA HELPING HANDS from my lover….. help from other people seemed not the same as from my hubby….

:” Tak pe you buatlah sikit-sikit, kemas je apa yang larat , I memang impossible boleh balik….. “….

At that time I already knew the answer he would give….but just in case he COULD COME BACK…

Well again he COULD NOT come back…..

I didn’t cry but was a bit disappointed coz it’s the hardest moment in my life and there’s no darling to lend his hands…

We were back to our house after 4 days but I was so cautious and always alert of any single creature ‘roaming’ inside my house…..too scared of snakes that I dreamed about that creature for several nights….

So …..from that moment I knew, it’s not only a HUG could be a comfort, but the PHYSICAL ENERGETIC HELPFUL HANDS of my lover is also the no 1 comfort….

Have a nice day with your darlings out there……

22 comments:

Mulan said...

auukkk... gelinya..!!! eeiiyy.. cant imagine me killing those snakes. maybe tak kot, saya lari dulu..!!!

Anonymous said...

Takutnya Kak Rina.
Mesti banyak hilang hartabenda. Alhamdulilah, semua selamat:)

aNIe said...

Rina...kalau kak lady jadi rina pun...mau terkeluar anak tekak menjerit....

Dulu masa dok melaka (rumah masa lom renovate) asalkan hujan memalam aje...kak lady takleh tidor...sebab air cepat saja naik...takut nanti anak2 kat luar bilik tu tido atas tilam yng dah kembang dek air...hahahah

Kak Elle said...

wah terrer you eh jadi snakes killer....hehe

like mulan I lari dulu......

silversarina said...

mulan,

I memang amat takutkan ular,but waktu tu tak de orang sekeliling, semua tak balik lagi sebab jalan masih tutup, kalau I tak bunuh habislah ular-ular tu merayau satu rumah , I memang nekad dan geli tak terkata...eeeiiiiiiiiiii takleh ingat :P


+++++++++++


hazia,

rak-rak buku yang bukan kayu tahan air dan buku serta majalah yang banyak rosak... memang amat meletihkan.


+++++++++++


kak lady,

I takkan lupa betapa kut I dan maya menjerit.... Allah saja yang tau ...

tempat I bukan banjir waktu hujan tapi banjir lepas dah mentari ada, selalunya bila diaorang terpaksa lepaskan air empangan tasik kenyir atau empangan sg. lembing.....


+++++++++++++


kak elle,


Kes I ni kalu lari lagi kronik jadinya..... I ni kalau tengok gambar ular je pun dah geli, bayangkan bagaimana I boleh bunuh ular-ular tu.... eeeeeiiiiiii...TERPAKSA !!

k.d said...

K.Rina...Memang ada masanya kita amat lah memerlukan hubby and sangat sedih bila tak boleh bersama dalam mengharungi dugaan itu kan.

Tapi Alhamdulillah K.Rina...hubby dok jauh pun anak 5 gak ;P and semua Insya-Allah berjaya dunia akhirat..

Oh I tag you...kalau boleh buat le, tak boleh tak pe.

soliloquy said...

ular?
ni banjir time bile ni?
nape xcall je sy time 2??
rsenye sumayyah mmg anti ular..pntang..hehehe
bole tlong kms..skrg ni rindu plak kt banjir..wawawawa!!nk blik msia!!!

silversarina said...

k.d. ,

Sebab duk jauhlah anak sampai 5 ...hehehe.

tag.... nanti akak fikirkan...thanks anyway.


++++++++++++++


welcome saffaa,

ala banjir time maya form 4... tak sempat dah nak call sapa2..dalam geli nya kami berdua terpaksa jadi pembunuh ularrrrr...kalau maya cerita lagi thrill, siap gaya sekali macamana dia terlompat-lompat berdiri atas meja nak bunuh ular tu eeeeiii....ala kalau panggil you pun mesti tak dapat datang...on the way dari ur house lagi teruk banjir..hehehe...

dah duduk tempat kering dan panas baru teringin nak balik tempat banjir ekkk....

miss you dear !!

J.T. said...

LUJ, snakes huh? I did mention my fear in the commentary page. It is heights. But if you are talking about creatures, I cannot tahan cockroaches. Once they are dead, I can carry them but I will not touch them when they are alive. Worst when they are flying around.

Pity you la.. your darling not around when you really need him. You remind me of some of my friends whose husbands are not around for six months to one year continuously. But these women become very independent. Lonely and helpless ada la.. but they adapt. :)

maklang said...

Pernah sekali rumah maklang masuk ular. I menjerit and the ular lari entah kemana. Call Bomba and they helped. Same here masa tu Cik Abang was seconded in Miri...agaknya ular2 ni tau yang tuan rumah tu tak ada suami bersama, tu yang dia masuk tu...

Welll...take care rina. Hope to meet you soon, back in Malaysia. I guess you already know where we live..

Anonymous said...

Salam Rina,

Dah lama tak jenguk sebab bz dgn kerja. I kat ofis ni curi2 baca. Susahkan bila suami berjauhan. I am moving house on 26th, and he's supposed to come back on 25th and i just got the bad news, his kepulangan has to be postponed till June. So you can imagine how i feel. Dahlah the last one month buat renovation i sorang2 je. Itulah life without hubby around.

The.Libyaman said...

agaknya perspektif si isteri ni sama x dengan si suami..? maksudnya bila berjauhan.? saya hairan juga mula2 dulu bila ditinggalkan walaupun seketika wife saya dah resah, tapi itu masa mula2 kahwin, kemudian bila saya ke Mu'tah 2 hari sahaja sebab ada game football, baru saya tahu memang saya juga resah bila berjauhan. mungkin sebab kita ni dah berpasangan, jadi macam satu jasad kot, bila satu tiada nampak pincang. itu lah agaknya yang dirasakan si isteri bila ditinggalkan suami. x lengkap kot, walaupun ada anak2. tapi akak kira okay gak, anak2 dah besar, cuma nampak tabah sebab jauh kt tempat orang. ada banyak sangat hikmahnya tu. bukan semua orang boleh dapat.

mommy said...

teringat balik kisah banjir dulu..mengharung air had pinggang..terkejut bile bukak2 je pintu, dekat 10 ekor anak ular hitam merayap2..AAA WHAT A NIGHTMARE..terpaksa bersihkan umah sambil berdiri atas meja..takut ular punye pasal..

well, kite betul2 super womanla haritu..siap panjat tingkap nak kuar umah.^_^

NURAZZAH8 said...

Ina, I hope u tabah menghadapi saat-saat bersendirian tanpa suami di sisi. I really really faham perasaan you, since I've been there all my married life..selalu kena tinggal (sbb kerja lah.. bukan jeng...jeng...jeng..) sampai anak 8! (actually campur yg gugur 9)... nak kata masa2 yg I sgt memerlukan pelukan dan confort seorang bernama SUAMI, tak terkira byknya...sampai I pun tak ingat semua... waktu mengandung, waktu bersalin, waktu anak sakit, waktu kereta rosak!!! I pernah pindah rumah dia tak ada...!! Anyway I bersyukur kerana selalu ada jiran2, rakan2 yg dtg membantu, ...dll... I really wished he was here with me, lend a hand etc.. tapi itu lah..utk mengatasi semua perasaan tu, hanya kpd ALLAH SWT shj tempat I mengadu, tempat I berserah.
Bila tgh malam terjaga tgk bantal sebelah kosong, utk hilangkan rasa sedih dan menangis, I bangun solat malam... dgn cara itu sahaja hati I akan terubat.
Mcm you jugak, I think I'm just an ordinary person, ordinary wife and mother. But my friend selalu kata they all envy and admire I sbb I boleh survive sorang2 dengan anak 8 orang! kerja lagi, and at the same time sambung belajar PhD lagi!!! Mungkin keadaan membuatkan I jadi tough, jadi independent dan yang paling I syukur ke hadrat Allah kesihatan yg baik yg selalu ALlah berikan. Just imagine kalau I selalu sakit...
After 21 years, I dah lali, dah adapt dgn keadaan ini, ya...I redha jika ini yang Allah takdirkan dlm hidup I. Namun tidak lupa masih berdoa agar suatu masa kami akan hidup bersama spt suami-isteri yg lain...

Kaklong Syikin said...

salam,

kak..ngerinya!!! tak terbayang saya bunuh ular sikit punya banyak. sib baik anak ularkan..tp kalau sayalah, boleh demam terkejut dibuatnya.

apapun, saya percaya, suami akak tentu bangga dapat isteri yang kuat dan tabah spt akak.

saya pun kagum baca komen sis Nurazzah..

InsyaALlah, kalian adalah lambang isteri2 solehah yang kuat dan kental terutama menjaga maruah keluarga dan suami ketika ketiadaan suami di rumah.

NBK466 said...

Wah...N3 nie dlm JIWANGS2 pun ada BRUTAL...BLOOD KILLER tuh...he.he.he..

silversarina said...

j.t.,

oo cockcroaches .....I tak geli sangat, can still sweep them away easily :)

My hubby also told me many nepalese working at his place can only going home for holidays once in 6 months.... I'll be totally insane lah macam tu ...


+++++++++++++++


maklang,


ular pun takut dengan orang lelaki ye.....

I'm quite confident that I know where your house is..... well not many have big bungalow like yours :)

I InsyaAllah balik, my hubby most probably not lah pulak.... nanti chat YM.

silversarina said...

babazahra' ,

yelah kita dah ada a lifetime partner memang akan terasa jika berjauhan, tinggal lagi lelaki lebih kuat semangat dan tak tunjukkan keresahannya ...akak pun kalau tak da problem besar akan cuba gagahkan diri tabah atas apa yang dihadapi.....

you lagi jiwang2..2 hari pun dah rindu tak terkata...romantik :)


+++++++++++++


pinky princees dear,

akan sentiasa menjadi kenangan bersama.... we were the superheroines....flying out from the windows and screaming outloud walking in the flood just not to get stucked by muddy 'lintah'.. eeeiiiiiiii..kelakar pulak bila ingat hehehe.

silversarina said...

nurazzah8,

wow 21 years being apart... boleh buat rekod kena tinggal suami :)

macamanalah you boleh tahan dan sabarnya....kalau I memang nangis hari-hari dan paksa hubby cari kerja lain....

k.d. kata i duk jauh ada jugak 5 anak...well sebab tu you ada 8 anak sebab lagi selalu kena tinggal....lagi sayang :P


++++++++++++++


kak long,

macam nilah hidup kitaorang..lain orang lain cabarannya..ada orang kata cabaran yang dicari sendiri..well , that's life... have to sacrifice a lottttt no matter what you do.

silversarina said...

nbk466,

ha jangan ingat orang jiwang tak brutal !!

kalau tak buat sapa lagi nak buat, terpaksalah den bunuh :)

david santos said...

Please, it puts fhoto of Madeleine in your Bloggue

Missing Madeleine!
Madeleine, MeCann was abduted from Praia da Luz, Portugal on 03/03/07.

If you have any information, please contact Crimestoppers on
0800 555 111

Please Help

silversarina said...

ummi,

sorry terlepas pandang ur comment ( sebab warna hitam tulisan)...

laa sian kat you, ingatkn dah tentu siap nak sambut darling balik...

tak pe fikirkan yang bukan you sorang yng berjauhan dengan darling...afterall that's the path and life we take ..and as for the time being ..SACRIFICE for the better life ahead, insyaAllah.

take care..I'll add you in my YM...


+++++++++++++


david santos,

I hope that cute girl will be found soon....