BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Safe & Sound Amman

Amman can be considered as my hometown since I love living and spending my daily life here. Although it is not as beautiful as my homeland but the different sceneries and culture make my life even better in terms of understanding human values.

Yesterday when I watched world news I told my hubby that sometimes I just couldn't take it when all the media is telling and exposing to the world that middle-east countries are always at war, centre of violence. It looks like nobody can ever live a happy life in this part of the world. It is totally wrong, we enjoy our life more than before, we feel safe moving around even in the middle of the night. Women don't have to worry carry handbags/slingbags coz no such motorider to snatch your bags....We can safely withdraw our money at any ATM vendor even if the machine is in the middle of the busy street ( memang banyak ATM machine tengah-tengah jalan , betul-betul tengah jalan!! ). Never heard of 'pecah-rumah' here at my housing area.



Last week when I was at KLIA before coming back to Amman I met a couple from Ipoh who were going to Beijing. I invited them to come and visit Jordan. THe first question the husband asked, " Is it safe there ? " " Of course ," I replied. I don't blame them of having that kind of perception when it comes to safety travelling to this part of the world.

Well, for those out there who are 'phobia' of arabs and arab countries, I advise you to come here so that you can feel the great life that most arabs are having in this part of the world...it is surely safe and sound here in Amman....I luv Amman.

0 comments: