BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Is your landlord OKAY ??

I've just finished cooking roti jala and zaid is still in the kitchen cooking his beef curry to be eaten with my roti jala. I purposely asked him to cook the curry since it's been a long time I last tasted his cooking. Well, he is living with me now and I always do the cooking. He's been living with his friends for four years and he is such a good cook, you name it, zaid can cook it for you.

Last night Luqman or Loko , zaid's friend spent a night at my house. He is a Singaporean who studies at Mutah U and yesterday a delegation from Singapore came to Jordan and Loko is requested to be their tour guide/translator/coordinator while they are here in Jordan. Tonight Loko will spend another night at my house and I want him to taste my roti jala because I didn't have a chance to serve him anything this morning because he left my house early in the morning to meet the delegation at downtown Amman.

*****************************************************************************************

Yesterday afternoon, I went to the housing bank to deposit my house rent since my landlord is staying in Ramtha (80km from amman ). Mr Jamal Ramdan is my landlord and he is working as a custom officer at the Jordan/Iraq border. I'm so lucky to have him as my home owner coz he is so kind and has never been fussy on anything. Three weeks ago he called zaid to tell that he had a business in amman that day and that he's coming by just to send us some olive oil his wife made for us. Zaid had class at that moment and Mr Jamal came and rang the bell, gave salam and handed me the olive oil and greeted salam again and left. He knew that I was alone and of course he would not step inside my house knowing that zaid was not in. On eidil adha he was the first to call zaid and greeted eid mubarak to us.




Izzat and mimi at my housing area.



Alhamdulillah , I said I'm lucky because it's hard to get a very kind landlord here in Jordan because most of them are very fussy indeed. They check their houses anytime they want, screen for any dust on the tv set and some of them do not let visitors to stay overnight .My next door neighbour had once asked me whether I own the house that I'm staying because she never see my landlord comes to ask for the house rent and check the house.

During eidil adha gathering at my house, one of the guys was telling us that it's a must for any malaysian to move for a few times here in jordan because of fussy landlords. He said it's a must, I told him so far I'm more than happy with my homeowner and there's no reason to move into another house. He was a bit shocked when I said that. Well, maybe it's just my luck!!

I really hope my landlord stays the way he is and we can live here happily ever after.......

0 comments: