BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, December 15, 2006

Bedouins Tents vs. Arab Mansions

Today is Friday which means no school and I can continue sleeping after dawn. Actually I am not the kind of woman who sleeps after dawn.

Why??

Coz I sleep early at night and if I oversleep I'll get headache .........

Nothing much happens today, Izzat is recovering from cold and cough. Mimi spends her time colouring and playing outside even though it's cold now(she only plays in the evening).This afternoon I went to Safeway to get some groceries for next week.

On the way to Safeway(hypermarket) I pass through many kinds of housing areas including Jubayhah, Madinah Street, University Street and 7th circle. All these areas are well-maintained even though the buildings are almost with all the same colour, earth-tone. The most luxurious area is called Abdoun , where the rich of riches live.They are not living in houses but mansions, yes, large mansions.

I remember on my way to Bosra , Syria last Tuesday I saw a syrian taxi was full of so many stuff at the border. I wanted to snap a picture of that taxi but zaid forbade me from doing so because it was at the border, the police might delete the picture or take away my camera. I could not believe my eyes, the taxi was loaded with a lot of things including tents and firewoods(???). Then my taxi driver told us that the arab family was moving out of Jordan to settle down in Aleppo(Halep), Syria.There were four of them ;the father, mother and two teenage daughters . They were the bedouins, the modern ones because they moved abroad using taxi.

I was a bit 'confused' with what I saw....the arab land where thousands of rich the riches live, yet still many people live in tents.One can even see bedouin tents in many parts of Amman(no bedouins in Abdoun of course). Maybe it's their ways of life.....Are they happy ? They seem happy........

I'm bringing this matter up because I come from a different country with a different culture and lifestyle.I always think my life , my culture and my land are always the superb. However, little by little my thinking starts changing and accepting other people's values.For me, living in a tent is out of civilization, maybe for the bedouins , living in a mansion is against the will of nature.

Well, I guess it's not where you live or what you possess that make you better than the others.... Looking back at the seerah of our Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) I think the most important fact of the highest quality of life is when a person embraces ISLAM and IMAN.

0 comments: