BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

bad news.. good news

It's been raining all night and according to the weather forecast it's supposed to be snowing today in Amman. Zaid has just got a message from his friend in Mutah saying it's snowing heavily in Mutah and Tafileh(not far from Mutah). Hoping for the snow to fall......

Yesterday zaid and I spent the whole afternoon in the city center and the weather changed drastically from bright and clear to cold ,cloudy and rain. We had to ride a bus to come back home since all taxis were full. We moved to three different spots to get the the taxi( we had to 'compete' with other passengers to 'snatch' a taxi !!) At last we hopped onto the long bus with 40 seats...I once took this bus with sumayyah early this year just to know how to use public transport in Amman....Yesterday bus-ride was like a sick-tortoise moving in the rain...gosh..it took 1hour 20mins to get from the city center to my house which usually takes only 15-20mins taxi ride. What made me mad when the bus driver stopped at every single bus-stand .....it moved so slowly and stopped every 20 seconds..I was thinking of getting off somewhere and then continue my 'journey' home by taxi, but it was raining and hard to get a taxi since it was also during evening rush-hour traffic jam.

The bus was packed with passengers especially after stopping by the university of Jordan where many students are staying at my housing area. All of a sudden, the driver yelled at a guy at the rear of the bus because he had not paid the bus fare (only 30 kurusy=rm1.60) since he got on the bus using the back door. That guy yelled back saying he couldn't pay the fare since he couldn't move to the front because it was packed with ladies(actually he could pass the money to the passengers until it reached the driver).. Not long after that, the bus stopped and the driver got off and went to the rear part of the bus from outside and asked the man to pay the fare there and then. Everybody became crazy and started making noise...there's a makcik arab grumbling and mumbling to the bus driver...." Yalla..bla,bla,bla........ it's been two long hours in this bus from the city center till now, I wanna get home, hurry up !!! If i take an express bus i'm sure I have reached Aqabah(which is 400km from Amman )..", everybody giggled and laughed.... I didn't really understand what's going on but lucky me, zaid was there to be my translator. Then only I knew that they were also mad with the tortoise-moving bus...I thought that was how the usual/normal slow-coach-bus-ride with very humble/patient passengers on board.No wonder whenever I glanced at my watch, the lady sitting next to me also took a look at her mobile phone to see the time. I finally reached home right before dusk, Alhamdulillah.

****************************************************************************************
This morning I got good news and bad news from my three daughters , Safiyyah,Sumayyah and Syamimi.


Bad news....
Today Mimi skips school again because of fever and cold. She told me she was asked to rest in class yesterday by her teacher when she didn't feel well.
Good news......I gave her medicine and she is now sound asleep in the living room,Alhamdulillah.







Bad news..."I couldn't answer both oral microbiology questions yesterday 100% correct, I didn't have enough time to do my revision, I have many exams this last two weeks , " Safiyyah in Simferopol, Ukraine told me this morning.
Good news... She passed, Alhamdulilah.







Bad news...."I have to be very careful with my tight budget now because I spent my winter break in Busan and Seoul," Sumayyah in Daegu, Korea exclaimed yesterday.
Good news... She scored high marks for her level 1 korean language and the university granted her with USDxxx scholarship ( cash money) this morning, Alhamdulillah.




I think we have good news and bad news every single day of our lives..It makes our life attractive and lively. Praise be to Allah, The Almighty God.

LATEST GOOD NEWS.....IT'S SNOWING NOW OUTSIDE, ALHAMDULILLAH.
bad news...camne izzat nak balik sekolah, harap kereta ummu khatif dapat jalan dalam snow..INSYAALLAH.

0 comments: