BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Refresh..............

It's now November, in less than 2 months 2006 will be gone . This also means I've been staying here in jordan for almost a year. I could still remember how we struggled cleaning/clearing up our house when my hubby made up his mind to let us move from kemaman to amman since it's easier for him to meet/see us because he doesn't have to travel all the way from abu dhabi to Malaysia when he's on leave. We(I, Sumayyah, Izzat, Mimi) moved to amman one week after sumayyah finished her SPM examination. We had twelve boxes/bags but Alhamdulillah we were not charged with excess baggage because I told the officer incharged that we were moving abroad. My hubby had gone back to abu dhabi earlier , so I had to settle all the necessary matters all by myself : cars( for rent) , house( not for rent just find a care-taker) , utility bills(all paid for a year except phone was disconnected ), furniture( some were sold except the bedrooms sets)..etc.

Until now many people wonder why we moved to amman, jordan n not abu dhabi where my husband works. The answer: my husband works n stays on an island called Das Island(100++km )offshore from abu dhabi mainland n the island is only for adgas(name of the oil co.) employees to stay ( all men of course) n my husband can only leave the island on scheduled dates(usually after 40-60 working days) n spends his holidays (14-28days) off the island. My hubby says the environment in abu dhabi city is not quite condusive for our small kids(izzat n mimi ) n the cost of living is lower in amman than in abu dhabi .Furthermore, my eldest son, Zaid is studying in jordan, even though he stays in Mu'tah but at least there's a man who can look after us(he comes back every weekend!) I'd been to jordan twice before i moved here so i know jordan is a nice/safe place to live, Alhamdulillah.

When we arrived here in amman the weather was not quite cold even though it was supposed to be very cold then (December)... Now is early november but it's already cold with rain n sometimes thunder... I love autumn/fall where lots of dry/brownish/yellowish leaves fallen off the tree(i once cried to see how beautiful autumn was at that time in west virginia, usa)...not in jordan, autumn is by the name , the feelings of coldness, the bald rocky mountains remain the same...no fallen leaves since there's no trees on the mountains...all i could see ... leaves from my backyard grape tree has started to change colours n little by little i could see the branches/stems/twigs more vividly than before....goodbye grape leaves....gonna miss u all...

2007 is just around the corner , i really hope we can still spend our wonderful life here in amman ,I don't know for how long , it's all depend on my husband's job ..so far no news yet when to leave.. , i was so busy back home... rushing early in the morning sending my kids to school n i seldom cooked back then(busy,busy, easy to buy delicious tasty food ) . I'm so relief n i think i have a peaceful mind after staying here in amman. I have started to love the city of amman (old n new), i love my caring n kind neighbours, I feel safer here than in kemaman, i'm now cooking more than i used to back home because here i have more free time n most of all not all food in amman suit our tastes ...i remember sumayyah n izzat said :" wah, mama dah pandai masak, rupanya mama pandai masak... etc"...i don't know whether to take it as a compliment or what...

May Allah grants us with lots n lots of happiness n faithfulness in our hearts here in Amman, Amin.

0 comments: